Choosing an Adoption Agency can be the most important part of starting your adoption process
To find a public or private agency that is a good fit for you, your beliefs, and your situation, compare information from several different agencies by asking:
- What kind of children does the agency place (ages, backgrounds, etc.)?
- How many children has the agency placed in each of the past few years?
- How will the agency conduct a search for me?
- What kind of training is provided for parents?
- Can I be a foster parent and still be considered as an adoptive parent?
- What criteria does the agency use to match children with families?
- What type of adoptive parents does the agency seek?
- How long, on average, must one wait for a child?
- What does the home study entail?
- If I learn of a child in another state, will the agency pursue the child?
- How much does a completed adoption cost — in total and each part?
- Can the agency help me locate sources of financial aid, including subsidies?
- What if the adoption doesn’t work out?
- Can the agency provide references from parents who recently adopted?
- What post-adoption resources does the agency provide or connect to parents?
Find the Perfect Match…now
With Parent MatchTM your adoption professional can access the only national database of expectant parents and adoptive parents, people who need your help to connect. Parent Match makes it easy to expand your domestic adoption search beyond your existing network. Now you can find the ideal home for a newborn baby and the perfect child for a loving family faster and more effectively.